Sunday, February 27, 2011

Beautiful Day

Lars had a friend stay over last night. It is so nice to see how they play. They are 11 and 12 years old both of them are in middle school. What I love about it is that they actually still play. We have a field near our home with a small wooded area they and other boys from the area play all through there. They both take their Nerf weapons out and have many battles all through the woods and field. I was happy that they were able to take the battles outside and out of my living room. :) It hit about 60 today but now it is pouring rain and it seems I also hear hail. So I am glad that they were able to play outside while the nice weather lasted.
I think that at the middle school level can be a real challenge for kids so I am thrilled that there are times when Lars can step away from all that and just have fun. We are truly blessed to live where we do, that there are boys to play with, and that Lars is still interested in playing the way they do. I hope to preserve his childhood as long as possible.

2 comments:

Annie said...

That is the joy of boys! They play....even older ones play. Love it.

The McEacherns said...

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the encouragement and suggestions. She's in a fully ESL class. Also, the teacher does not tell us ahead of time the spelling list, but rather just which concepts to work on. (like beginning and ending sounds, trick words, etc.) Thanks!