Sunday, November 4, 2007

Trying

Well I really do want to get this blogging thing down. I am going to shoot for writing several times each week. I shared last time that I was going to do my testimony. That went really well and as soon as I can figure it out I will put a link to it.
So what is God doing in my life? Well my husband and I have been married for about 2 1/2 years. I have a great husband by the way :) I have a son from a previous marriage and he and my husband get along great my son thrives with my husband around. When we were first married we were not trying to get pregnant but we did withing a few months. We were happy about this it had happened sooner than we thought but we were glad. However at 10 weeks I miscarried. After that we decided to try for another one. Now here we are 2 years later and we have not been able to get pregnant. I had one child and got pregnant again. How could infertility hit me?
This has really been a struggle for me. God has blessed me so much and yet there is this one thing I want. Sometimes I wonder if I am like the Israelites who were never happy with what God gave them. Yet I am happy I am blessed and I praise God for all He has done. If I never have another child then I am still blessed and I will still follow Him. It is just one thing I long for. Is this a sin?
Well, today it just hit me like a ton of bricks. We are all, male and female, made in God's image. And guess what? He wanted the same thing in a way. He was complete whole God Son and Holy Spirit. He did not NEED anything. Yet, he said let us make man in our image. He did not need us He wanted us. That desire to have this goes back further than we do. I take comfort in that. I am created in God's image and he wanted to create us. It is natural that we as humans have this want and drive.

No comments: